Vacancy of Quality Control Officer in Kerry India
Post: Quality Control Officer
Location: Sohar, Madhya Pradesh, India (On-site)
Are you passionate about ensuring top-notch quality in the food and beverage industry? Join Kerry and play a pivotal role in creating healthier, tastier, and more sustainable products enjoyed by billions worldwide. Our vision is to be our customers’ most valued partner, contributing to a world of sustainable nutrition. Explore opportunities to grow in a truly global environment!
Kerry is a world-leading taste and nutrition company dedicated to the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries. We partner with customers daily to deliver products that enhance lives around the globe.
As a QC Officer, you’ll collaborate closely with the Process Quality Lead and Production Team to address non-conformances and implement effective corrective actions.
- Perform daily inspections and tests on production to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Conduct chemical analyses of products and water samples on a regular basis.
- Uphold GMP, sanitation practices, quality policies, and food safety regulations on the shop floor.
- Inspect raw materials, in-process products, and finished goods against specifications.
- Investigate and manage food safety incidents on the shop floor, initiating corrective actions and reporting to the line manager.
- Prepare Batch Production Reports (BPR) daily, in line with the production plan, and deliver them to the production officer.
- Address deviations from quality standards (e.g., GM, GHP, Sanitation) and implement corrective actions.
- Participate in customer complaint investigations, collaborate with operational teams, and contribute to findings reporting.
- Assist in the plant equipment calibration program in coordination with the Quality Assurance officer.
- Oversee the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Train and mentor operators, helpers, contractual labor, and production officers on GMP, HACCP, and Quality policies.
- Make informed decisions regarding rejections, material inspections, holds, and releases.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, or related fields.
- Over 3 years of experience in the food industry with similar processing.
- Familiarity with international food safety and security standards.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with the ability to devise effective corrective actions.
- Preferred training or knowledge in HACCP, BRC, Internal Audit, and ISO 22000
Beware of scams or individuals claiming to represent Kerry. Kerry employees only use official email addresses and phone numbers for recruitment. We do not use video chat rooms for interviews or ask for payment during the hiring process. Any payments made by Kerry will come from official firm accounts.